|laissez||Both | Data | Photos|
|Description:||Black and white ferret with programmable LEDs|
|First appearance:||Burning Man 2015|
|Cons attended:||BIGLITTLEFC2015 , BIGLITTLEFC2016 , FC2016 , FC2017 , MFF2015 , PACIFIC ANTHRO2015 , PACIFIC ANTHRO2016|
|Special Types:||3D eyes , foam head , balaclava head|
|Available for performing:||no|
|Characteristics:||Head base was designed by my friend Yama, then shaped to a toony ferret with simple curves. |
* Main fur is monkey shag (less dense but about 4" long) making it less hot than regular suits.
* The head short hair is 1" plush
This suit is made for guerrilla suiting, aka handle rough conditions, dancing and putting on a show:
* Feet are just covers for hiking shoes
* Eyes are removable (replace with goggles)
* Head fur, eyes, nose are removable to wash and to access electronics (buttons, velcro and bra clips)
* Head lighting is a few hundred LEDs, fiber optic whiskers, with an arduino controller and a 2A/5W USB power bank
I am not happy with my current goggles so I'll be working on the next pair of shades.
|Notes:||Originally the plan was to make a bunny since Yama makes the best ones, but I decided for a rare species instead, and in the end the wiggly nature of ferrets is a perfect vector for the energy that I bring to this suit during events and raves. |
This suit is my first real build, it has sparked unsolicited commission requests, so i've built a small community of Electric Fursuit makers on Telegram.
I bring my suits to adventures, not just conventions and meets, in particular to get unusual photo ops.